Coffee Story Ethiopia, The Public Tour
For Coffee Industry Events Click Here
It’s a simple question: what if a food crop—coffee—could change a nation’s future?
Here are three more questions: What if that crop was something the world had grown to value starting in the sixth century as a plant, and in the fifteenth century as a brewed infusion? What if an assemblage of stories helped shine a collective light on Ethiopia’s role as the birthplace of coffee, and its centuries of coffee ritual and culture? And what if the sharing of these stories increased an understanding of Ethiopia that in turn helped this long-struggling nation toward economic bounty?
Our task is Herculean; it will take an optimist.
Welcome to the Coffee Story: Ethiopia Speaking Series. I’m that optimist.
Starting in April, 2011 and running through spring of 2013, Majka is available to speak in conjunction with the release of Coffee Story: Ethiopia. This tour combines discussions of food anthropology, development, adventure, and the impact of coffee on world politics and global understanding. The Coffee Story Ethiopia tour offers an opportunity for various civic groups to collaborate on events that demonstrate coffee's reach into daily lives. Read more about Majka's work as a speaker on the Speaker Profile Page.
Also Available Coffee Story Ethiopia Speaking Series: Events for the Industry. This series offers a unique experience to companies and organizations in the coffee industry. Ms Burhardt can address intimate executive sessions, company-wide meetings, large-scale conferences, public forums, and joint initiatives. More Information.
Book An Event
To schedule a show, contact Majka's team at email@example.com or at 970-290-7822
- North America, Asia, Europe, Australia, Africa, and more.
- Summer, 2011- Spring, 2013.
- Optional Add-Ons: Media interviews, private pre-and post events, school visits.
Connect with an individualized blend of hosting partners including:
- Botanical/Zoological Societies
- World Affairs Councils
- Food, Wine, and Coffee Establishments
- Travel and Adventure Retailers and Communities
- Academic Institutions
- Images from renown photographers Travis Horn and Helmut Horn.
- Video footage from from Burhardt's extensive research throughout Ethiopia’s coffee lands and beyond.
- Discussions of food anthropology, development, adventure, and the impact and potential of coffee on world politics and global understanding.