The Coffee Story Ethiopia Speaking Series
Events for the Industry
The Coffee Story Ethiopia Speaking Series offers a unique experience to companies and organizations in the coffee industry. Ms Burhardt can address intimate executive sessions, company-wide meetings, large-scale conferences, public forums, and joint initiatives. The Coffee Story Ethiopia Speaking Series will:
- Provide new information through inspiring stories that ignite passion in your company about deepening the conversation about coffee.
- Inspire employees though strong visual and video content; engage employees with interactive exercises with coffee.
- Strengthen the individual and organizational tie to origin and create sustainable excitement about the wonders of Ethiopian coffee and corresponding opportunity of all coffee.
- Further collective understanding of coffees cultural heritage to foster meaningful dialogue in current and future business practices.
- Interface current and real-world coffee experiences from the field, to the company, and to the consumer.
- Can be paired with Coffee Story Ethiopia Public Speaking Series Events
Coffee’s biggest stories are bolder, more nuanced, and brighter than the most complex cup of coffee in the world. The stories of coffee’s birthplace, Ethiopia, have never been fully told. Majka Burhardt, author of the recently released Coffee Story Ethiopia, is leading a conversation about the possibility and opportunities coffee brings this nation--once again positioned as locked in famine, drought and poverty. The Coffee Story Ethiopia Speaking Series unlocks coffee’s full potential in the world. Ms. Burhardt shares direct experiences gleaned from over six years of work in and out of the field researching previously un-captured stories about the cultural heritage of coffee in its country of origin.
Ms. Burhardt is a distinguished speaker and frequent lecturer who specializes in combining discussions of extraordinary exotic with human nature and relevance. The Coffee Story Ethiopia Speaking Series presents a dynamic discussion of food anthropology, development, adventure, and the impact and potential of coffee on world politics and global understanding. Read more about Majka's work as a speaker on the Speaker Profile Page.
Book An Event
To schedule an event, contact Majka's team at email@example.com or at 970-290-7822
- Coffee Story Ethiopia: The Book | Trailer
- Video of TEDx Speech
- KUOW Seattle Speech Broadcast
- Speaking Testimonials
- Ms. Burhardt’s public discussion about coffee and the famine in Forbes.com and in the Economist.com
- Visual and video content includes images from renown photographers Travis Horn and Helmut Horn and video footage from Burhardt's extensive research throughout Ethiopia’s coffee lands and beyond.